Born Sydney, 1960
Susan lives and works on a rural property located in the South Burnett region of South East Queensland. Her work is held in collections throughout Australia and internationally.
The paintings in this collection reflect her passion for working on paper with watercolour as the medium, and demonstrate a mastery of complex techniques.
Susan takes the viewer on a journey to a quiet place. A place to pause, to observe and to contemplate.
Sometimes it is a scene that captures a moment in social history. An emotional response, a discovery, a memory or simply the desire to give life to a blank piece of paper.
Awards and Recognition
2020 - Finalist in the Australian Watercolour Muster
2019 - Finalist in the Australian Watercolour Muster
2005 - The Courier Mail Art Show 'Lifestyle' Category Award, QLD
2003 - First Prize, Anglicare Art Show, Brisbane, QLD
The Sunday Mail Art Show 'Lifestyle' Category Award
The Sunday Mail Art Show 'City or Town Theme' Award
Finalist in the River Gallery Competition, Walker Corporation, QLD
- Tiny Diagrams, Brooklyn Art Library, New York, USA Bimblebox 153 Birds, Touring Exhibition,Gympie Regional Art Gallery, QLD
- Impressions 8, Kedron subARTstation, Brisbane, QLD Smallworks, Brunswick Street Gallery, Melbourne, VIC Regenerate, Kedron subARTstation, Brisbane, QLD
- The Drive Home, New York and San Francisco, USA Libris Awards, Artspace Mackay, QLD
- Tea + Tractors, Kingaroy Regional Art Gallery, QLD Mini Print International - Asia Pacific, Melbourne, VIC + Hong Kong
- The Silent Scream, Monash University, VIC Books...beyond words, EGAG, VIC Impressions 6, West End, QLD Manly Artists' Book Award, Manly Library, NSW CPM National Print Awards, Tweed River Regional Gallery, NSW
- B-Aware Exhibition, Brisbane, QLD Paper + Wood, Curator and exhibitor, Kingaroy Regional Art Gallery, QLD Libris Awards, Artspace Mackay, QLD
- Books and Boxes, Toowoomba, QLD SCU Acquisitive Artists' Book Award, Lismore, NSW Books...beyond words, East Gippsland Art Gallery, VIC CPM National Print Awards, Tweed River Regional Gallery, NSW
- Books and Boxes, Toowoomba, QLD
- Lessons in History1, Grahame Galleries, Brisbane, QLD CPM National Print Awards, Tweed River Regional Gallery, NSW SCU Acquisitive Artists' Book Award, Lismore, NSW Esktravaganza, Brisbane Valley Arts Council, Esk, QLD
- Brisbane Institute of Art, Student Printmaking Exhibition, QLD First Impressions, Impress Printmakers, Brisbane, QLD
- Hutchins Art Prize, Hobart, Tasmania The Courier Mail Art Show, Brisbane, QLD Brisbane Grammar School Art Show, QLD
- Anglicare Art Show, Brisbane, QLD Brisbane Grammar School Art Show, QLD Sunnybank Lions Art Show, Brisbane, QLD Operation Smile Gala Ball, Brisbane, QLD
- Spectrum, Brisbane Grammar School Art Show, QLD Anglicare Art Show, Brisbane, QLD
- Brisbane Grammar School Art Show, QLD Sacred Garden, Palma Rosa, Brisbane, QLD
- Original artwork available from studiosilverleaf, West Wooroolin, QLD
- Commissioned to paint 'Reverence' which was presented to the people of Dodewaard, The Netherlands from the Mayor of the South Burnett region, Mr Wayne Kratzmann for a Remembrance Day commemoration.
- Millenium Mandala purchased for the Mater Private Collection, QLD
- Commissioned to paint 'Aegis' by the Premier of Queensland, Mr. Peter Beattie MP to present to the Governor of Queensland, His Excellency Major General Peter Arniston, AC, CVO, on his retirement from office.
Visit Susan's website here.